Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Thirty Seven Years

I am not ranting or raging today. Thirty seven years ago today I married a boy. Today I wait to welcome home the man he is today. A better person can not be found in this world. Oh, he has his faults of that be assured. 
He has to have proof, he never takes your word. He is messy, never putting things away. Some say he drinks to much, but I guess that depends on whose measure you use. 
I know he is kind and tender of heart. When our pets get sick it rips at him apart. He only wants the best for everyone. No matter how mean or bad a person appears, he will find the good. Or say that they are that way because of fear.
I know that he has never let me down. He has helped me through some messes and he is always kind. He is not the boy I married and that is just fine. I am not that girl from long ago. They faded as we grew they were not meant to stay. They were the lust for flesh, for freedom, life. We are now two people who are really in love. We know that now because we are old enough to know what it really is. That boy and girl were young and eager. Groping and grabbing never feeling the feeling. They had fun, but then the end would come and they frustrated as they were were itchy and glum. The man and the woman that we have become are content to go slowly, to savor the best. Then when life is harder we remember those times and embrace that easy feeling and hold on tight. Tight to each other through thick and through thin. That's us, that is me and him we are together forever or at least until THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment